Monday, June 4, 2007

A Canada-Japan Collaboration

I am currently working with Japanese producer Ota Kent on one of his tracks. The song, tentitavely titled 'Dreams', is an excellent piece of work and feautures professional quality production. He found me on the Japanese social networking site Mixi and really liked my rap voice. He asked me to rap on his track and I of course agreed seeing that the music was top-notch.

I have recruited vocalist Tiffany Lei to sing the chorus in Japanese. Tiffany is an amazing vocalist and cites Japanese pop sensation Koda Kumi as one of her influences, among others. She is interesting in that she is half caucausian and half Chinese but prefers to sing in the Japanese language. Anyways, I'm excited to be working with both her and Ota.

XYL Official Website
XYL Myspace

No comments: